Our Honey Lavender Healing Salve loves on your skin. An excellent product to keep around your home all year long and a first-rate remedy to use when extreme measures are in order to support healthy glowing skin. This powerful yet gentle salve smells amazing and is specifically formulated for those moments where your skin is not happy and needs immediate relief.
Our Honey Lavender Healing Salve is formulated with calendula flowers, neem leaf, plantain leaf, chickweed and borage leaf to reduce inflammation, speed recovery, reduce itching, hydrate the skin, and address a myriad of other skin issues. Quality always being key, this salve is hand-poured from small-batches made using only the finest and purest ingredients. 4 oz.
*This is an all-around soothing salve, powerful, yet gentle enough to use for a baby’s diaper rash, sunburn, dry skin, etc.
*Natural Nature Shea Butter is raw village made Grade A, preserving its full nutrient profile. Grade A shea butter retains the most natural vitamins, especially vitamins A and E, which are partially or completely lost in the other grades. Our shea is handcrafted by the African Women's Collectives of Nigeria who receive fair trade prices for their work, which in turn, helps them to financially support themselves and their families. So smooth and creamy it doesn’t need to be whipped. Pure and rich, our shea melts right into your skin!
Honey Lavender Healing Salve
Ingredients: Organic Beeswax, Organic Shea Butter (Grade A), African Coconut Oil, Organic Calendula Flowers, St. John’s Wort Flowers, Organic Chickweed, Organic Plantain Leaf, Organic Neem Leaf, Organic Goldenseal Root, Myrrh Gum, Organic Borage Leaf, Lavender Essential Oil
Organic Shea Butter (Grade A):
- Our shea nut butter is THE BEST, processed using the cold pressed method without added chemicals or preservatives.
- Helps reduce and treat sunburn, windburn, scars, stretch marks, wrinkles, etc.
Naturally rich in vitamins A, E and F. It offers UV protection (it is SPF ~6) and provides the skin with essential fatty acids and the nutrients necessary for collagen production. *Shea butter has been used in Africa and other countries for years to improve skin and hair.
- Incredibly nourishing and moisturizing for skin. It is often used to remedy dry skin and to help protect the skin’s natural oils.
- Reduce skin inflammation and even potentially help avoid skin mutations.
- Contains anti-inflammatory and anti-tumor promoting compounds. *Shea butter contains a significant source of anti-tumor promoting compounds such as cinnamate esters.
African Coconut Oil:
- Omega three fatty acids give it its antimicrobial, antioxidant, anti-viral, anti-bacterial and anti-fungal properties. Anti-blood clotting ability, acts as a powerful mainstay against heart attacks and stroke
- Coconut oil acts as an effective moisturizer on all types of skins including dry skin. It can treat psoriasis, eczema, rosacea and even wrinkles and protects the skin from sun exposure, skin cancer, and free radical damage.
- An excellent conditioner and helps in the re-growth of damaged hair. It also provides the essential proteins required for nourishing damaged hair.
- Helps rejuvenate the skin by removing the outer layer of dead skin cells. Coconut oil speeds up the healing process of bruises by repairing damaged tissues.
- Strengthens your skin’s underlying connective tissues warding off lines and wrinkles and supplies healing and repairing properties.
- Prevents destructive free-radical formation and limits the damage excessive sun exposure can cause.
- The small molecular structure of MCTs allows for easy absorption into your skin giving it a soft, smooth, and supple texture.
- Improves healing and fights infection
Organic Calendula Flower:
- Helps relieve skin conditions; eczema, psoriasis, dermatitis and other skin problems can be soothed using calendula oil, applied topically. Calendula oil's antifungal action is also great for helping treat athlete's foot, ringworm and jock itch.
- Anti-inflammatory action helps lessen swelling from injury
- Helps soothe sore, inflamed and itchy skin conditions
- Helps relieve diaper rashes, which can extremely irritate an infant
- Acts as an Anti-bacterial; the antiseptic and antimicrobial action of the oil help speed up healing of wounds and minor cuts, and also help relieve insect bites, acne and bed sores.
- Superior Rejuvenating Properties; Helpful with stubborn wounds, acne, ulcers, bed sores, varicose veins, rashes, eczema and related conditions
- helps increase blood flow and oxygen to wounds and infected areas, which helps the body grow new tissue and heal more rapidly
- Discourages Cancer; fight against cancer and irritation due to cancer treatments like chemotherapy and radiation, it not only fights carcinogenic activity within tumors, but it also activates the lymphocytes, which fight against foreign and infectious invaders
- According to research published in the Journal of Clinical Oncology, calendula appears more effective than typically recommended topical agents at reducing and preventing the incidence of dermatitis caused by radiation used for breast cancer treatment
St. John’s Wort:
- Whether you have oily or dry skin, this herb helps your skin look smoother and healthier. It also helps plump your look and hydrate skin while reducing the look of fine lines and wrinkles
- Soothing: It’s great for sensitive skin
- Alleviates joint pain
- Aids in skin healing; Skin injuries, burns, and skin irritations caused due to minor cuts can all be cured with the application of St. John’s Wort oil. Creams are also available to treat these problems, but oils work best to give relief, without leaving a scar
- Aids in healing the skin of minor burns, lesions, acne, wounds, eczema, insect bites, nettle burns, psoriasis
- Cools and soothes inflammation of the skin has a cooling and drying effect on wounds and skin eruptions
- Speeds healing internally
- Acts as a cooling and cleansing herb traditionally used by herbalists around the world to treat inflammation and purify the blood and lymphatic system
Organic Plantain Leaf:
- Possesses germicidal and antibacterial properties
- Invigorates the skin regeneration process, inducing quicker healing, and triggers the synthesis of skin cells. This, in turn, reduces the chances of scarring on the skin due to wounds and blemishes
- Treats Acne And Rosacea; easing down the inflammation and preventing the region from infections
- Effective antidote for diaper rash as well as mosquito bites for babies
- Represses the growth of cancerous cells and tumors, thus being quite efficient in easing and preventing the spread of this malignant condition.
Organic Neem Leaf:
- Contains high levels of antioxidants that help protect the skin from environmental damage
- High in important fatty acids and vitamin E and can quickly penetrate outer layers of skin, it is extremely effective in healing dry and damaged skin.
- Rejuvenates the skin’s cells and restores elasticity
- Benefit-rich vitamin E acts as a free radical scavenger, by hindering the oxidizing processes in the skin. It promotes soft and supple skin, helps in reducing old scars and promotes healing.
- A natural remedy for eczema symptoms — including dry, red, itchy skin — and be very soothing, but it will not cure the root causes for eczema.
- There are anti-inflammatory compounds known as nimbidin and nimbin that help relieve swelling and redness. Another compound known as quercetin supports the body’s ability to respond to inflammation by inhibiting both the manufacture and release of histamine and other irritants.
Organic Goldenseal Root:
- Natural Acne Remedy; it is gentle on the skin, and effectively treats acne with no side effects
- Has been used to treat skin ulcers, rashes, abrasions, swelling or inflammation
- Possesses an antibacterial and antimicrobial properties and can be used to treat most open wounds without apprehension. You may experience a slight tingling sensation that is a sign the skin is healing already!
- Increases circulation
- Helps to tighten tissues and relieve inflammation
- Possesses antiseptic properties
- Anti-Bacterial and Anti-Fungal Benefits
- Soothing to chapped or cracked skin; the Ancient Egyptians used it to prevent aging and maintain healthy skin
Organic Borage Leaf:
- Provides high levels of the fatty acid called gamma-linolenic acid (GLA), a strong anti-inflammatory. *GLA is one type of omega-6 “essential” fatty acid that the body cannot make on its own, so we must get it from outside sources.
- GLA has positive effects on cell death (apoptosis) for toxic cells
- GLA found in borage oil is known to have a positive effect on inflammation, overall health and anti-aging mechanisms
- Borage seed oil and GLA have anti-mutagenic properties and antioxidant capabilities that fight the growth of cancerous cells. Protects DNA and treats cancer naturally because of its ability to lower underlying oxidative genetic damage that causes inflammation and disease development.
- Treats inflammatory skin disorders like eczema. GLA has been shown to correct deficiencies in skin lipids (oils) that are caused by low levels of delta-6-desaturase activity.
Lavender Essential Oil:
- Enhances blood circulation
- Acts as a skin and scalp disinfectant
- Eliminates nervous tension
- Natural bug repellent; also has anti-inflammatory qualities that will reduce the irritation and the pain associated with bug bites.
- Inhibits the bacteria that cause acne and can reduce the signs of scarring after the acne has begun to heal, greatly increase the potential for relief and healing.
- Used to treat various skin disorders such as wrinkles, psoriasis, and other inflammatory conditions. It is commonly used to speed up the healing process of wounds, cuts, burns, and sunburns because it improves the formation of scar tissues.